Search

Tuesday, February 15, 2022

The final outing of 2021

In Japan New Years is a very important celebration, probably the most important honestly.  Because of this, most people have time off from work before and after New Years day.  This mean that car/motorcycle enthusiasts are out in full force every day either just showing up at a parking area to hang out and talk cars or just driving around with friends.  I unfortunately missed the end of the year kaido racer meeting, or zenyasai, so on the 19th of December I decided that my last outing of the year would be a quick drive to Daikoku to snap some photos and maybe make a new friend or two. Anyway not much of a story to this one but here are most of the photos I got that day. It's a mix of 35mm film and digital snaps from my x100v.



When I was arriving a couple of wildly different iron mask r30 skylines merged behind me. You can kind of see them in my mirror.



The Rhapsody silhouette car was pretty cool from a distance.







Continuing on with kyusha/kaido racer were a group parked right near the exit.


This x81 parked next to a dodge viper was a cool contrast, but...



after I snapped this x71 rolling in looking extra wide I found it parked by an even crazier car.





Yeah an F40, just out and about, actually being driven and hilariously next to the x71. It was brilliant.



To go along with super cars, it's hard to spend a day at Daikoku and not see or hear at least one Anija car.


I'm not much a fan of Maseratis but this one was very well styled and I couldn't ignore it.



Keeping the euro sports car theme going I caught an RWB Porsche rolling in.



Along with a bunch of other Porsches scattered throughout the lot.



Even this red one with a very important sticker...



Although European sports cars are nice they don't really captivate me. 











On the other hand, since I was very young I've had a small obsession with DTM racing and well E30 M3 and 190e just can't be beat.



Another Benz looking tough murdered out.





Finishing off the euro cars is a small VW I've slowly grown to enjoy since we don't have the Polo in the US.





Also didn't think I would see a Passat Cabriolet in Japan. Especially on Rotiform wheels.



Are Vipers considered muscle? Or are they just American?





Squeezed in some pictures of American muscle.  





But really what's more American than a pair of USDM styled dc2 integras.











I really really liked this simple low Eunos/Miata on widened steelies.



I really want an s15...



No day at Daikoku is complete without Skylines... Lots and lots of Skylines.















This R34 on HRE wheels has been my favorite R34 for many years now.











If you didn't notice, the flowers in the planters were really nice and I was trying to get them in a lot of shots.  



This little Europa looked to be enjoying the flowers as well with it's little smiley face front end.



Notice the stock gt86 parked next to my Corona in the background.




Well before I left it magically transformed into an older model lowered with what I assume to be a rocket bunny kit and really good fitment. I do like the black flares.

As you can see this post was all over the place.  Photos aren't all good but I cared about the cars in them more than the photos themselves.  I'm not savvy at editing and refuse to edit my film captures but I will take any constructive criticism you can give me.  If there's anything I can improve on from the blog format to simple tweaks I can do to my photographs, please don't hesitate to let me know.  Don't be a cuck though.


I might proof read this later but for now I didn't even spell check...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Attack! Tsukuba 2022